Reaching out and loving others as Jesus did is a very important lesson to teach! At Seton Catholic, this lesson is taught through a variety of Community Outreach Programs where students have the opportunity to positively impact the life of a complete stranger.
At Thanksgiving, our students participate in a school-wide canned food drive that is organized and driven by our high school seniors. Students also support the local St. Vincent De Paul group in the fall by bringing in coats, hats, socks and gloves for the needy children of the city.
Throughout the year both the Primary and Intermediate Buildings hold bake sales to support missions around the world. Our Primary School supports 10 children and 1 elderly through the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA). The CFCA helps open doors to education, health and a better path of living for the children and elderly in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Over $800 were raised during the 2011-2012 school year!
The Intermediate Building supports children through the Holy Childhood Association (HCA). Two goals of HCA have remained unchanged since its founding. One is the emphasis on children sharing the Good News of Jesus with children in the Developing World. The second goal encourages children to pray for and offer personal sacrifices for children who are in desperate need of basic resources. The HCA provides meals, clothing and education to children in Haiti, Zaire, Ecuador, Bangladesh, and Pakistan.
Other opportunities for outreach include:
- A fruit basket drive that delivers to an elderly apartment community just before Christmas.
- Participation in the Birthright Walk for Life each year.
- Bake sales to raise money for the Holy Childhood Association
- 6th graders adopt local nursing home residents and make “cheer cards”.
- Student Council members help clean the Whitewater Gorge every spring.
- Students work with the St. Vincent De Paul organization to bring in new or gently used coats, hats, and gloves for the poor.
- 5th and 6th graders make cards each year for the First Communicants, RCIA Candidates and the Confirmation Candidates.